Sunday, January 31, 2010
Blacklight Fashion Show
Last night was a BIG NIGHT! It was the night that the SBOs had been planning for over a month. It was something totally new and random that my small town had never before seen. My fellow student body officers and I had gone to a leadership conference over the summer and fell in love with this idea.... the idea of a BLACKLIGHT DANCE! And seriously, if you have never been to one you are WAY missing out! It is one of the best/strangest things you will ever see! As student body officers, we had tried new advertising techniques in hopes to attract as many of our student body as possible. Where I live, there are only about 500 kids in my entire high school, so pretty much everyone knows everyone else. Sometimes that gets a little weird haha! But when I arrived, I had on a florescent yellow, I mean hurts your eyes if you look at it too long yellow shirt on, complete with mulit-colored nikes, zebra acrylic nails and Big Star jeans! So needless to say, I was feeling pretty confident in myself haha! But one of the DJs that was setting up for our extremely awesome dance was drop-dead-fall-off-your-seat-gorgeous! And he totally hit on me! [which was another plus!] But it was really fun! Everything was neon and the dance was strewn with people not only wearing glowsticks, but literally wearing them! They broke everywhere including all over the gym floor, walls and everyone else. It was like a florescent fashion show in the complete dark. But the only not-so-fun part were slow songs. Slow songs and Valentine's Day, I mean Single's Awareness Day, are possibly the MOST humiliating thing for a poor boyfriendless girl like me. But don't get me wrong! I have no desire to be tied down to anyone! I have plenty of time for that later! But it was a pretty kickin dance! And the definite best part was that I had to stay after and clean up until 12:30! That might not sound like fun to you.... but to me that means breaking my moms curfew ultimatum! I am not kidding either! For every minute I am late, my phone is gone for a day. So yesterday, I felt like I got to exercise my full power of being 18!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(46)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Blacklight Fashion Show
- Paint and Snow
- Its A What....? A SURPRISE!
- Does the purple cotton candy in my hair make me lo...
- My True Calling in Life!
- ....Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes....
- High School PE is.......well AWFUL!
- Maybe I Will Break My Little Rut.....
- Best/Worst Day of My Existence
- The Gray Area
- 700 Flags
- Cold.....Cold.....Colder
- Why I Love Saturday Mornings
- Hello Everyone :]
-
▼
January
(14)

No comments:
Post a Comment