Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why I Love Saturday Mornings

I woke up on this beautiful,white, snow-covered Saturday morning and thought 'Today is going to be wonderful' because the clock said 9:42. The aroma of breakfast, like the kiss to revive Sleeping Beauty, had awoken me from my deep state of unconsciousness. I could hear the news reporting about the bad weather, fallen soldiers and the falling economy and all sorts of awful things. Have you ever noticed that the news always seems to find all of the rotten things in the world and tell about them one after the other? I would love to be in charge of the Headline News for one day. I would find all of the service and wonderful things that people did everyday and tell the world about those kind acts. I want to give people hope. To finish with my morning, I trekked out on the icy ground to check the mail. I love mail. Not email, not a text message, but actual physical, with a stamp, mail. Everyday when I come home from school, or on Saturdays when I wake up in the morning, I run out in whatever I am wearing (this morning it was zebra striped pajamas) and open the mail box. And today was one of those incredible days when, as I was rummaging through the mail I found a surprise..... A letter just for me! I ripped it open with wild excitement! I love reading words meant just for me. I love the fact that someone stopped long enough to write to me. And now as I close my blog, I can smell the intoxicating scent of homemade bagels..... So tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers