Today I have been officially amazed..... Recently, in my little tight-knit community, a police officer was shot and killed. This might not sound like anything big to those who live in big cities, but it has been a hardship for many people in my community. Today I was lucky enough to get to participate in the funeral procession. 700 Students ranging from elementary children to seniors in high school held 700 flags for 2 1/2 hours, as 723 police cars and 94 motorcycles drove past. It was an immensely rewarding experience. Although both of my arms felt as if they had been rubber cemented into place, I stood reverently and in silent awe with my flag in one hand and my other was placed across my heart. All I could see all the way down the entire road were American flags. I could not believe that 1,000 police officers from everywhere, including neighboring states were in attendance. I can't believe that all of the wonderful policemen and the officer's family fit in our quaint, little stake house. As the policemen stared in utter amazement, at the sheer magnitude of people standing tall with Old Glory, I wanted to cry and clap as they drove past! I wanted to say thank you! Thank you! Thank you for allowing me to feel safe at night when i go to sleep! I am so grateful that I feel safe leaving my car unlocked at my home. I am so grateful for the wonderful country that i am privileged enough to live in and for the incredible men and women that protect me everyday. This was an eye-opener for me. In closing I would just like to say I LOVE YOU AMERICA!!
This photo was taken from ksl.com.

No comments:
Post a Comment