Today I had the best and worst day of my existence! Well starting with the worst..... I had a doctor's appointment and they broke the hard news. The most dreadful words ever to escape any nurse's lips are 'Now I think we should do some blood work on you. Is that okay?' I wanted to jump up and down and throw a tantrum like a little five year old child. I wanted to scream and grab her by the pink scrubs she was wearing and say, "NO!! You won't take any of my precious blood! I refuse! There is absolutely no way that I am going to allow to stick needles in me under any condition." But unfortunately, that is not what happened. With my head hung over and with much dismay, I agreed to this excruciatingly painful process. The first nurse tried twice and missed my vein both times. I wanted to beat her over the head, with the nearest object nearest to me, which happened to be a chair with wheels, but seeing as I was a little woozy from the whole procedure, I just sat and teetered back and forth on the doctor's table. Then Nurse #2, another vampire, came in to try to extract blood from my most elusive veins. Finally after three missed attempts, he finally drew my blood. For the rest of the day, my arms hurt! I mean, I had been stabbed at least five times to no avail! What a most awful experience!
But somehow, my day turned around! I got a call asking if I would like to buy tickets to an upcoming NBA game of my most favorite team. I was already jumping up and down before I even knew the details. The tickets were on the 4th row, right next to the bench of the best team in the NBA. I started screaming! Because first of all, I haven't been to a game all season, second of all my seats are right by the bench of my team, and thirdly I am madly in love with one of the players. He is older than me but fabulous and single! So although I had to get my blood drawn, which was quite a traumatic experience, I get to go to an NBA game on the 25th! Yeah! So I am going to drive my little yellow car around, singing at the top of my lungs!
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(46)
-
▼
January
(14)
- Blacklight Fashion Show
- Paint and Snow
- Its A What....? A SURPRISE!
- Does the purple cotton candy in my hair make me lo...
- My True Calling in Life!
- ....Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes....
- High School PE is.......well AWFUL!
- Maybe I Will Break My Little Rut.....
- Best/Worst Day of My Existence
- The Gray Area
- 700 Flags
- Cold.....Cold.....Colder
- Why I Love Saturday Mornings
- Hello Everyone :]
-
▼
January
(14)

No comments:
Post a Comment