Monday, February 1, 2010
Life Is Like Basketball.....
Something really struck me, as I was watching my favorite NBA team play, and play really well I might add! I realized that life is alot like basketball. First, there will always be all-stars and sometimes you are a bench warmer. There are times in life when you have to cheer your heart out and be the best sixth-man, even if it's hard. Even though those players might be the all-stars of today, someday you will get your turn to shine. Like in basketball, teamwork is crucial to not only your successes but everyone else's.If you play like a team, then naturally you win. And sometimes, just like basketball, no matter how hard you try you still lose the game. But that just means that you buckle up and try again. A true champion is not one that has never fallen, but no matter how many times he falls, he just gets right back up. Time is short in basketball, so you have to act fast. Take every moment for what it's worth! And LIVE! Life is like basketball because there are those that are passionate about the game and try to be their very best, and those who will only ever achieve mediocrity. So today I want to passionately play the game, share the highlights and live for the love of it. I want to holler and scream until I can't breathe when my teammates and I win. I want to be the all-star and never be mediocre.I want to be known, well maybe not for my basketball skills, but for how I played the game. So let's live like a basketball game, fast-paced, full of roller coasters, and enthusiasm! LET'S PLAY BALL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment