Saturday, February 27, 2010
So Much for Throwback Jerseys and Typewriters.....
I would just like to say that I will be eternally grateful for the 'backspace button'. Because I am pretty fast at typing, but as my fingers seem to be flying across the keys, I seem to hit about every other key besides the one that I was intending on hitting. So I worked on wretched college scholarship applications. WORST IDEA EVER! There were tons of questions, followed by an insane amount of response lines. Which means, if you want to get the scholarship, you must resort to old school methods. Now don't get me wrong! I am all for 1920s movies and NBA throwback jerseys but I must say no when it comes to TYPEWRITERS. I now know why they were discontinued.... because it is practically impossible to hit every right key in a 300 word essay. Needless to say, I had to retype the essay 8 times before I got it right! OH MY GOSH! Before I was done, I had to take an ice cream break and watch my favorite NBA team, because I could face the awful death machine, otherwise known as the typewriter. I have always thought that I was born in the wrong time period, but today I was proven unmistakeably, wrong. I was born in this era because every twenty minutes I have to update my Facebook status, check my GMail, check my phone for text messages, and surf the web 24/7. If I didn't have technology, quite frankly I think that I would cry myself to sleep at night. So the moral of the story is, live in the present because the stuff we have now is great! So if you ever have the awful sensation of running a typewriter I am very very sorry. So I better get at least one scholarship that I put my heart and soul into! haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment