Monday, February 15, 2010
The Modified View Through My Rear View Mirror
My entire life, ever since I can remember, all I have ever wanted to do was leave my small, confining town. The population is around 3,000, if that gives any of you readers and idea. It has one stoplight, two competing grocery stores and one movie theater. I have dreamed for many years of the day that I would get in my yellow car packed to the brim with boxes labeled 'Kyleigh's College Stuff', and drive away from my small hometown. I have always imagined my small town in my rear view mirror and smiled. That has always been what I wanted, until just barely. I went to a leadership weekend at a college that I have been highly considering attending in the fall. I had a very rude awakening of what college life might actually be like. No one knew me. This is strange! Remember where I am from! Everyone in my little town knows me, my parents, where I work and everything that I am involved in. I considered myself an outgoing person but yet again I was proven drastically wrong. I was completely out of my element! I didn't know what to do or say! I didn't even remember how to be smooth when I was flirting! I thought that I was good at it! But yet again---my bubble has been burst! I need to work on my boy skills obviously. I guess that this conference yielded one very important piece of information. I will now enjoy, to the fullest, my last months of pure high school life. Although this is definitely a strange feeling, I openly welcome it. I never want to be one of those people that are stuck in high school, that never move on. They are constantly saying 'Back in the day....' I will not be this! I know that I just need to enjoy life right where I am. I will stop wishing away my time in my little hometown. Because no matter what, after graduation nothing will be the same. But it can't be. And I guess I am excited about that. What would life be like if every day was high school? There would be never-ending drama and a constant popularity contest! What a mess! I will never wish to go back but I am content to be here in my little town, in my own little world, stuck in high school. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment