Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cooking On the Sidelines

Whenever I need to clear my head and think, I either go driving or cook. They are both very therapeutic. Driving with no particular purpose in mind, just driving, clears all thoughts. It helps me to think clearly. Then I turn my music up until I can see the speakers dancing in sync to the beat of my favorite song. Lately, I feel like everyone in my life is running a race and I need a break. So for the sake of my wallet(because payday isn't until next week and gas is almost $3.00), tonight I cook. Lately, my family has been really busy with alot of things. My amazing dad has to work long days which is a good and bad thing. Every single night my brothers are wrestling, doing karate, play practice or tennis. My little sister just made the high school drill team, so she is gone constantly with practice and performances. And my wonderful mom is trying the juggle everything on one single platter. So as I am not in the family race right now, I have minor stresses that are really of no concern to the race, I think that I will stand on the sidelines and cheer them on. Well not really, I will stand back and cook. The idea of taking something that I have never heard of before and turning it into something wonderful still fascinates me. I love searching the internet for new ideas! My favorite thing to do is try to make something out of the raw ingredients already at my house. So tonight as I experiment on the sidelines, pray that I don't burn the casserole! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers