As I was walking back to my car after a long day of painting, (8 hours to be exact) I started thinking. I mean I have a 15 min hike from the office to my car. (Because I love my car, I walk.) I had a bright green lunchbox in my hand, steel-toed boots on, my hair pulled up into a messy bun and paint ALL over. As I looked at my shadow, I thought to myself, "I would have never guessed that I would be here right now." I have traded my cute curly hairdos for hardhats. I have traded my super cute bright yellow Dolce&Gabbana purse for my not so stylin' green lunchbox. I have traded tanning everyday at the local reservoir for painting. I have traded my Miss Me, Big Star and BKE jeans for paint splattered no labels. No earrings, no jewelry. I really don't recognize myself! I guess change is a good thing, right? I don't have any cell service until 5pm every night. But I guess I am making double what I was at the local grocery store... so I am not going to complain. I really am starting to like painting. I don't even mind the 45 min drive to work everyday because it gives me a chance to think. I am learning to like all of the secretaries. I am pro at painting now. So although
I don't look or feel anything like myself, I guess I am okay with change for a minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment