Sunday, July 18, 2010

Like Learning to Drive All Over Again....

My current life feels almost like I am learning to drive a stick shift all over again. I feel shaky and like I kill the car alot! I am learning to adjust to change slowly. It's like I am learning when to change gears and even though I paint all day long every day it is still hard to get used to. Everything is happening really fast, which is like when one day driving my little yellow manual car finally clicked. I finally got my apartment in the city where I am going to be attending college. I am really excited because I will have my own bathroom, my own room and a walk-in closet! I have no idea who I will be living with and that scares me slightly. I have all of my classes. I am starting to make a list of things to buy for college. I leave home in less than a month! I don't know really what to do. It is like my life is now a blank page. My parents won't be protecting me anymore. I am free, but I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I know that I will be moving out before I know it. I will leave behind my loving family and everything I know. I am heading out into the unknown. I feel like I am going to be blind for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, I will meet some people that will grab my hand and walk me to the light. Wish me luck because pretty soon the Girl in the Yellow Car will be driving away from my little small town. My trunk and backseat will be packed to the brim with everything I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers