Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Bit off More Than I Could Chew......

Have you ever heard the expression, I bit off more than I could chew??? Well fellow followers of Girl in the Yellow Car, I have officially bit off more than I could chew! Seriously! When I first signed up to be a youth soccer coach, I was told that I would be coaching 8 year old girls. Cute right? Also the parents aren't crazy yet because the kids really just run around and kick the ball. They don't comprehend offsides, PKs(penalty kicks) or a set offense. But I got a call this evening about coaching. I was super excited about my new soccer team. Except one minor detail that was left out when I was first informed of my coaching position. Now don't get me wrong! I am all about the whole coaching thing! I mean I am super excited that I have now been given the authority to boss people around and they are required to listen to me! That is great news!! I mean what more could a bossy, leadership prone person want more than 15 girls to boss! Well, my wonderful phone call informed me that I will not be coaching cute 8 year olds. I will be coaching U-14! Do you have any idea what this means!? This is disastrous! The parents are crazy! I might possibly get into a screaming match! I mean it is not a high school team, where if you are good you play. No questions asked. The parents payed for the girl to play so she has to even if she is awful. And 14 year olds! Do you really think that they are going to want to listen to a senior in high school telling them to run ladders to get them into shape? I don't think so! Well, I have officially bit off more than I can chew so wish this U-14 soccer coach good luck! I am going to need it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers