Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You Will Never Guess What I Did At Work Today...

Today, I was very privileged. I got to do something that most people only watch on movies or maybe even dream about. Well, personally if I dreamed about my interesting experience at work today, then it must have been a nightmare. I don't work in a jungle, or at a local zoo. So, you might be wondering how on earth I worked with a snake today. I work on at a lime plant in the desert, where temperatures range from about 80 degrees to about 110 degrees. (And that's on a good day!) But yes. I most definitely worked with a snake today. This snake was about 20 feet long. I had to wrestle with it for about 6 hours. I wanted it to turn, and it just wanted to go straight! Its rough skin was striped with bands of black, yellow and blue. Its large head was silver, almost metallic! When my co-worker first go out the snake, he made it look like your average Joe could do it! No way!! It took every ounce of strength in my 5'9" body to keep the snake on the straight and narrow. Well my snake was actually connected to a Vac-Truck. (In short, a truck that uses a huge hose, about the size of a basketball, to vacuum up dirt and debris.) It was striped with duct tape to keep it together but it was in a very interesting pattern. The head was metal, really similar to a snake head.But the head had a long pole on it, so you could direct the "snake". So today at work, I wrested with a snake that vacuumed dirt! Pretty exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers