Imagine... the most perfect day in the whole entire world.. got it?? Well, that must mean that you are thinking of the day that I am about to describe to you. My first official day of summer that I get to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. In my quiet apartment, I woke up at 10:45. A beautiful hour to wake up! Not too early, not too late. I was extremely productive. I cleaned my kitchen, cleaned my closet (I was so happy to see carpet because I forgot what color it was.),and did three loads of laundry all before noon. I checked my grades for last semester and my GPA went up! So my day is just getting better by the minute! I know that you think it can't possibly get better. Then my wonderful boyfriend came over and we cooked lunch together. Then we went to babysit his nephews. His four year old nephews loves to play and has so much energy. We drew hopscotch on the sidewalk and he thought that it was the coolest thing since sliced bread because the cute neighbor girl his "girlfriend" wanted to play hopscotch with us. After my we babysat his three little nephews, he came over to my house. We decided to attempt tie dying shirts because it sounded like a party. And I am all about the party! It was great! We both got to put on lunch lady gloves so that our hands would change colors. We don't know how they turned out yet because you have to wait 6-8 hours before unveiling our magical creations. Next we made No Bake Cheesecake. If you have never had No Bake Cheesecake, you are a deprived individual. It is like a fiesta in your mouth. Then we were listening to his iPod and my favorite song came on. It is Don't You Want to Stay? By :Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson. And my wonderful boyfriend asked me if I wanted to dance. So there in my small apartment kitchen, we danced to my favorite song. I don't think that I will ever forget the way that it felt. Then we watched a movie and he held me close. It was the perfect day. Nothing went wrong. Nothing. It was exactly what I needed and wanted. In a song by Lady Antebellum she sings,
It was the perfect day
What I'd give if I could find a way to stay
Lost in this moment now
Ain't worried about tomorrow
When you're busy livin in a perfect day.
Today was the summer day that I have been dreaming about since the middle of last semester. I just hope that the rest of May is as good as today. Today wasn't perfect because there were huge massive things that went right. It was a cumulative of so many little things going right. P.S. One last thing... I think that summer is the greatest idea ever! :) I heart summer!
Thursday, May 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment