Monday, February 14, 2011
At A Crossroad
There comes a crucial point in your life. There comes a time to either take action or be a bystander and just go through the motions. I have reached this point. I am at a crossroads. I have been on familiar streets but now I am stepping into the unknown... the GREAT unknown. Last semester, I feel like I made lots of friends, did well in school and had lots of great memories that I will never regret. But for a fair chunk of that time, I have merely been a bystander waiting to act. This semester I have taken hold of the reins and I am driving. Moving. With purpose. When you come to this crossroad you realize things that you may or may not have already known. I have realized that just because you live with someone doesn't automatically make them your best friend. You expect them to be because they know you so well.... They would never tempt you or exclude you. These are better known as FRIENDS FOR NOW. Fun and nice but will I call them when I really need to talk? Probably not. ....but actually I have found my best friends right around the corner. Literally. They care. They listen. They worry if I'm not home on time. They want me to fulfill my goals. They want me to be happy. This is what true friendship is. It is a sisterhood. A promise of loyalty. They would go to the ends of the earth for me. A true friend will stick up for you no matter what. Even if you are in a room and everyone is talking bad about you. I have finally realized who my true friends are. This is such a relief to me. This past week has been one of the most amazing weeks of my life. I feel the happiest that I have ever been. I think it is because I was at a crossroad and now I have picked a path. and I LOVE IT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment