Wednesday, January 21, 2015
The Reality of a White Coat
Picture this. Pink heels. Vintage glam top. Black pencil skirt. Big smile. I can hardly contain the excitement that is pulsing through my veins. I am at the coveted white coat ceremony at the University of Utah for the College of Pharmacy for the PharmD class of 2018. I am sitting next to my new colleagues. They call my name and "coat me". I am officially a member of the profession of pharmacy. Dreams do come true. There is nothing that will probably ever mask the feeling of pure joy that I felt that day.
Thats what the average person thinks pharmacy is. White coat. Scowl behind the counter. Counting pills by fives. Cash the big check. But #reallife is four to six years of pain. Extremely interesting pain. But so much more than that. It's patient safety, monitoring, patient interactions, learning everything about the body and how drugs are incredible. Ever since I was inducted into the profession, its been hard work. My hobbies consist of pharmacy school. Medicinal chemistry. Pathophysiology. and oh working at the pharmacy. But as hard as each day and the material is---I am still in love. In love as the first day, I read that little me had been accepted into a top 10 pharmacy program. Everything is interesting and makes my world come alive. All I can say is that this adventure that I have started will hopefully never end. I love being an intern pharmacist and learning about pharmacy. I can't wait to have the White coat. Smile behind the counter. PharmD. Counting pills by fives. Getting to know patients and tailor to their needs. Only 3 1/2 more years. #lifeofaP1 Peace and blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment